Monday, February 6, 2012

Post #1

1. The book I enjoyed reading the most was probably The Stranger because to me, the storyline was the easiest to follow. I also really liked the writing style of The Stranger over Their Eyes Were Watching God, and 1984. I liked that the book was really to the point, and almost free of emotion and description. I'm really into Law and Order and creepy things like that, so especially when talking about topics such as death, in such a nonchalant way it was fascinating to me, as well as easy to read.

2. My least favorite book would by far be Their Eyes Were Watching God... I just couldn't get into it. Part of the reason I didn't like it was the dialect the author took on. I just found the way they talked was hard to relate to, and it definitely took some getting used to. Once I was able to get past the dialect though and read the novel, I just wasn't fond of the plot in general. The plot as a whole was just kind of bland for the most part to me. The book was her telling her life story basically and had a lot to do with her love life, or lack there of until Tea Cake. I just really didn't appeal to me..

3. If I had to write an essay on 1984, it honestly probably wouldn't be very good. The book as a whole I felt was too long, I just think that it could have been condensed. Regardless, I would probably focus on the control in the government, and how extreme the control was. I would focus on that aspect of the novel because I feel that it was written as a warning to the future about government control, and how bad a society can become when a person cannot have any privacy or private thoughts without intrusion from or exposure to authority.

No comments:

Post a Comment