Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Eyes: Journal #2

British accent:
1.) often refer to people as mates,
2.) in some words the letter "t" isn't pronounced ex: button becomes bu-on
3.) cheers can be used to mean thank you or goodbye
4.) u in words goes to ew ex: student becomes stewdent
5.) th becomes f ex: think becomes fink
6.) er at the ends of words changes to a ex: whiter becomes whita
7.) neighbor becomes neighbour

Pg. 7

As the classroom filled with eager and sleep deprived bodies, anxiously examining the seating chart, Sid watched as Cassie floated into the room and suddenly all the movement and volume within the room seemed to disappear. It was their first day of senior year, and Sid had now kept his feelings for Cassie a secret for three years. His eyes followed her as she flitting to the chart, then just as smoothly took the seat beside him.
"Dang, can you believe how many people are in this class? I remember hearing last years seniors moan about this class for hours on end- naturally I assumed there wouldn't be so many people in it. At least we can all tough it out together, right? I mean, more in number is what've always heard. Anyways, I'm Cassie. What's your name?"
Filled with shock and nothing but a disbelieving smile, "M Sid, hi."
"Yeah, I think we've had a class before, but who can keep all the classes straight? I can't believe summer's over already. It seems like a week ago that the sun just came out. Are you looking forward to this school year?"
"the summa went by fast. My mum nd I moved to a new neighbourhood about a month ago. But, I'm not sure how forward I am looking to college this semester, we will have to wait nd see."
"I can understand that one. Moving's always a challenge, and I'm sure that made summer less relaxing for you two. I don't want to start getting negative about school already, I think I've done that every year, so this year I just want to stay positive, not procrastinate and enjoy what I have left of high school, ya know?"
"Wow, yes. It's really quite lovely how awake and positive you are at this hour."
"I'm sorry. Am I talking too much? I've been told that I go off on tangents, and just talk and talk, so please just cut me off if I'm boring you."
"No, Cass. You're really quite lovely the way you are. All the other mates in here are already down about the work, and you sure are ready to be a stewdent once again. You add colour to the room."
As the teacher called for the class to start the energy level within the class dropped, however Sid still felt the energy Cassie had shared with him. He knew she would color more people through her life.

No comments:

Post a Comment