Sunday, February 26, 2012

Journal #6: revisions

Right now I'm working on revising my pastiche in many different aspects. Firstly, I'm working on adding more imagery into my pastiche to make it more like Hurtson's writing and also because I am still far from the limit on the actual pastiche, so I have space to expand my thoughts. I cleaned up a lot of sloppy sentences and typos, I didn't realize how many I made late at night just typing away.
I've been trying to work more on making the pastiche flow better, so that I get a background of what's happened to the family, as well as how things currently. If I can do that, then I have a far better chance of creating a pastiche hat effectively parallels some of Hurtson's themes in Eyes. This however isn't going too well. I'm not the best at creative writing, so it's a slow process of making my writing effective.
Lastly, I'm trying to work more with my dialogue. I have subtle changes that make my accent different than just plain english, but I don't think that from those subtle changes a person will read a British accent. There's parts where I think a reader would be able to tell it was British, but there's still spots for improving the dialect.

No comments:

Post a Comment